Course A or Survey Course
The teacher provides a historical outline of the history and development in Italian art, in particular the Renaissance in Florence, using slides and trips to galleries and museums to complement the course.
• XIII century Tuscan painters: Cimabue. The art of Giotto and Duccio.
• The Florentine architectural revival: Filippo Brunelleschi and Leon.
• The Florentine sculptural revival: Donatello.
• Florentine painting: Masaccio, Filippo Lippi, Paolo Uccello and perspective.
• The XV century of the Medici: Botticelli and Domenico Ghirlandaio.
• The apex of the Renaissance: Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raffaello.
Course B or Seminar
This course covers a single artist or single period.
All the supplementary, professional and cultural courses are reserved only for those who are enrolled in a language course.
The course must have a minimum of 3 students enrolled.